Tour the Residence
The Palmer Family Residence (or Mansion) on the Palmer campus has been preserved by the College because of its place in Iowa history, Davenport history and chiropractic history.
The Residence was home to B.J. and Mabel Palmer from 1912 until their deaths, Mabel in 1949 and B.J. in 1961. Their son? Dave was raised in the house, and it was also home to various relatives that spent summers with "Uncle B.J." and "Aunt Mamie."
The Residence was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984 because of the uniqueness of the porch, a showplace of the Palmer collections. Although the house only holds a fraction of the collections once owned by the Palmers, it is still a wonderful example of the collecting mania that gripped the world travelers of that era.